8-Day Scheduled Mobile Island Hopping Dhow Safari - Departure Quirimbas Archipelago, Mozambique
A Typical Mobile Island Hopping Safari Experience Itinerary:
Days 1 & 2:
Pemba to Mogundula Island:
- As per your own arrangements arrive at Pemba where you will meet with your guide for road transfer to Mucojo. From there you will transfer with Dhow to Mogundula Island.
- Check in and overnight at camp, exploring on Mogundula Island and surrounds.
- Day trip by dhow to the Pangane Peninsula or similar and/or Macaloe Island from camp.
Mogundula Island to Ulumbwa:
- Depart Mogundula for your exploration south into the Quirimbas Archipelago. The Ulumbwa river mouth beckons and it is here where fascinating rural fishing villages dot the shore.
- This is your chance to camp in the open Mozambique bush south of Ulumbwa.
Day trip to Matemo Island:
- Enjoy an early morning sail up the Ulumbwa estuary viewing a variety of birds & mangroves that thrive in this area.
- In the afternoon, take a tour through this fishing village getting to know the ways of these fisher folk as interpreted by your knowledgeable guide.
- Overnight at camp at Ulumbwa.
Days 5, 6 & 7:
Ulumbwa region to Ibo Island:
- Depart from Ulumbwa and make your way by Dhow to Ibo Island.
- Check in to Itseng’s carefully selected Lodge for 3 nights on a Full Board Basis.
- Explore Ibo Island wandering around the mysterious ruins amongst forts and ancient trade buildings with many fascinating stories just waiting to be told.
- Overnight Ibo Lodge.
Ibo Island to Pemba for flight out:
- After breakfast, a beautiful light aircraft flight over the islands and turquoise waters transfers you to Pemba International Airport for your flight home or other destination.
Enquire about this itinerary:
Please note our terms and conditions
Please do note that weather patterns are not constant and it is impossible to always predict what the winds will do. We will do our best to detail the planned itinerary at the time of booking, but all clients must understand and accept that the itinerary has to remain entirely flexible, and may differ from that published.